Monday, February 28, 2011

Daddy Turns 31

Its just another day... That's what Clint kept telling himself all day Friday. Poor thing did not want another birthday. If we thought 30 was a rough milestone, then 31 was the pits. It wasn't the best of moments for our favorite Dad/ Hubby.

Plans didn't go exactly as hoped for...

The Cupcake Debacle

I had a few brief moments in between dinner and bedtime routine while Clint was working in his man-cave Thursday evening to make some birthday cupcakes. Nothing fancy mind you, just the box cake in paper cups, with store bought white icing. But when the 20 minutes it takes to make these lil' beauties is all you have until after the little man is fast asleep, they are worth their weight in GOLD!

Though I tried to make it a surprise, Clint caught a wiff of what was coming out of the oven and I was "made". I went ahead and let the pre-birthday boy have a taste of one fresh from the oven. After they cooled I packed them up to take to work for the next day. So good so far...

The next morning (Clint's birthday) I was loading Cole in the car, and the rubbermaid container slid out of my hands and into the driveway. Thankfully, I had a few left over on a plate inside (only 12 would fit in my container). After all that, he only ate 1 cupcake. I should have just went to Gigi's. **sigh**

Lunch

I'm not sure about everyone, but I know Clint and I find ourselves stuck very often with the question, " What do you want to eat?" Only to be followed immediately by the slightly more annoying, "I don't know, What do you want to eat?" Add to the mix a stressful day, oh say, like a 31st birthday, and you have a recipe for a bad lunch.

In hopes that it may cheer Clint up, I offered him lunch from Toot's. Nothing like deep fried chicken basted in hot sauce to brighten a dreary day! But he didn't have the five minutes it would have taken to enjoy the meal. Clint didn't get to eat lunch on his special day.

Dinner Plans

Earlier in the week, I had spoken to Sarah Gill and made arrangements to eat together on Friday evening. Unfortunately, Clint had to work late and we were unable to make those plans. We opted for an evening in at home where the delicacy of choice was Honey Nut Cheerios and Frosted Flakes. Not exactly the meal I was hoping to have for my special guy. :(

All in all, it seemed Clint's day was a disaster, but at the last moment, Cole saved the whole thing. While laying on the bed, Daddy got a few minutes of play time in with the munchkin. Cole giggled outloud while Clint made funny noises. Clint laughed just as hard. If anyhting from Clint's 31st birthday will be remembered, it will be the sound of pure joy from a three month old. Gotta love Cole!!

Check out my facebook page for the video of Cole laughing while Clint makes funny noises. Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment