Friday, March 4, 2011

Mommy turns 27!

Some don't like their birthdays after 25, but I say bring it on. Each year gets more interesting and I grow more excited. Each day is such a gift!

There were so many things that made my birthday special last year. On this day a year ago, my husband surprised me with lilies in a vase and a card on my desk when I got to work. Later that morning, I received a delivery with a beautiful flower arrangement from my friends Sharon Grooms and Courtney Meador. For lunch, I got my favorite; a sunshine chicken salad from Rafferty's and a special cake compliments of Clint and Debi.
We had plans that evening to go out to eat in Nashville with some friends. Before leaving for Nashville, we planned to meet at Daniel and Courtney Meador's house with everyone before driving to Flemmings. To my surprise, all of our friends were at the Meadors' house waiting to surprise me with a birthday party! Courtney had sent out invitations and ordered me a special cake. Here is a picture of me blowing out the candles!
Courtney and a few of the other girls there began having a conversation about children and how I felt I was ready to begin our family. Life had been so busy I didn't realize that it had already happened! Courtney suggested I go get a pregnancy test. The next day, Saturday March 6th, I bought a pregnancy test at CVS. (I still have the test, and the receipt.) It was positive.
Completely shocked, I took another test. Positive again! I drove to see Clint at work, and surprised him. We took a third test. And you guessed it...positive again!
A little later I made an appointment with Dr. Hewitt who confirmed what we already knew. A little bundle of joy was on their way.
The past year has been the most amazing year of my life. I can't imagine how any one person could feel any more loved than I have felt over the past 12 months. I have so very much to be thankful for; amazing family, friends, and the most wonderful gift of any, my sweet baby boy Cole Daniel. How did we ever live without him. I can't even imagine.
I am looking forward to the next year, sure that it will be full of crazy, exciting, stressful, memorable, blessed moments! And that, my friends, is why I never shy away from celebrating a birthday. The journey this life is taking me on, is fantastic, and I am so excited to find out what the next year has in store!
Lots of love to you all!

Cole and Mommy on her birthday 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment