Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Itching to Begin June 29, 2010

After seraching through countless webpages for the perfect baby boy bedding we found a very sweet set at Pottery Barn Kids. The Jungle Friends set seems to be very popular (we weren't aware until after we decided upon ordering it) and we had to backorder the set. Not too terribly long, but days seemed to drag along and I waited to get the phone call to pick up all the pieces we ordered.

Friday, Courntey, Daniel, Clint and I made an evening of it. We drove to GreenHills Mall in Nashville and picked up our bag full of monkeys, elephants, lions and giraffes. Yes, our little man will be a zoo keeper before he even knows what one is! Of course, no trip to Nashville is complete without some sort of dining experience. The boys twisted our arms. and Courntey and I agreed to Ruths Chris. Its a hard life, I'm telling ya!

Saturday, we planned on spending the day with our good friends the Grahams at the Lake House by Barren River Lake. I got spoiled, spending the day with all the sweet kiddos! Landon Meador, my favorite 2 year old in the whole world, proved to me yet again that fear is learned nit inherited! My husband spend a good our picking him up out of the water and tossing his at least ten feet towards his father in the lake below. The child couldn't get enough of it!!

Megan Graham, and her little 4 month old Jackson kept me busy, in a completely wonderful way. I grabbed him up all for myself while the girls fixed up dinner in the lake house. I must say he fits perfectly into ones arms! It was hard to give him up when his Grandmother arrived, but I totally understood!

Christy Potter and her sweet little Raelie have we also there. We fell in love with Little Raelie at the Gill's Superbowl party earlier in 2010. She is the perfect combiantion of her Mommmy and Daddy! Precious as a sweet pea and curious, this little girl had a blast in the lake wearing her infant life jacket. Christy propped her on her back and she was set. I wish I had taken some pictures of her. She even had on an itty bitty teeny weenie yellow polka dot bikini! NOt sure if she wore it for the first time that day or not, but it was stinkin cute!

Sunday, we woke up feeling the urge to nest. I suppose that is the term they use. I had the overwhelming desire to clean everyhting out of the baby's nursery and prepare for paint. It had to be done that day! Crazy hormones of mine! The only problem with doing this; we have no place to put the extra stuff we didn't realize we had so much of. Where to this accumulation of sentimentals, collectibles, and trinkets come from. I think I may have a problem.

Clint was a huge help and of course, moved all the large items. We bought some paint to match our zoo bedding and are in the market for a painter to turn our nuetral room Phantom Blue! Not sure I love the name, but the color is great. Any suggestions, let me know.

I hate to say it, and even worse be it, but I am very anxious and ready to get this nursery set up! I know in 6 months I'll be wanting time to slow down, but at this exact moment I'm ready to see some progress. Plus, I think my facebook friends are ready to see some pictures of my Monkey's room.

I'll be posting soon, hopefully pictures of a freshly painted and creatively decorated Zoo Nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment