Wednesday, August 15, 2012

You just never know...

I find it ironic the days that start so well, can turn violently against you. And of course, vice versa.

Today, I decided to really do my best to feed my picky eater three very rounded meals. Breakfast was French toast made with farm fresh eggs (thanks to Nicki Buchanon since the girls aren't laying yet) and thick Texas toast. The boys loved it! Clint shoveled toast with one hand and his daily sausage biscuit with the other.

I packed Cole's lunch... Fresh corn, a pb&j made with all natural pb and homemade strawberry preserves, and some fresh pineapple. He surely could gobble down his faces for lunch, right?

Then, it happened. At Cole's 1.5 year checkup (two mos late) I was informed Cole has in fact lost a half pound over the past 4 mos. I was crushed. All the home cooked meals and agonizing over bites. Even if he only took a few I worked hard for those calories. Doggonit!

Dr. K reassured me there were things we could do. I don't think I know it all, and boy did she prove it. Thank goodness for a pediatrician I LOVE and trust so dearly!

Even if the appointment was my first truly discouraging one for Cole, I am committed to get some weight on this boy! Coke reminded me of what is so important when he met me running down the hallway tonight from MissionFriends smiling and giggling while he called for Mommy! He knows how to perk me up.

Tomorrow starts calorie counting for the positive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment