Monday, May 9, 2011

My First Mother's Day

I woke up Sunday morning with the best gift a mother could ever receive, even before I opened my eyes. My family is the most amazing gift! So without even trying the day was off to a great start.

My boys surprised me with two very sweet cards and a little pink gift wrapped box. Clint said Cole had bought it for me; a beautiful Topaz necklace (Cole's birth stone).

Rich Pond Baptist was dedicating all the babies born to Mommies and Daddies in the past 12 months. After a hurried morning of baths and getting dressed we made it to the church just as Cole's name was being read for his introduction. I was so proud of my little family. God was smiling down on us. Cole kicked and blew bubbles, but I think all the sweet babies up front did as well. The Mihok quads, little Nehemiah Shultz, and sweet Evie Ramey were also dedicated in the first service. Combined with the second service, over 24 babies were born since last Mother's Day. I'm so glad Cole has some friends to grow up with a RBC.

After church, Debi, Jerry, Carie Lee, my Mom, Clint, Cole, and I went to O'Charley's for brunch! It was so nice to have both Clint's mom and mine together with us. Both Cole's Nana and Tutu had so much fun making Cole giggle while we waited for our food. There is nothing better that hearing Cole's belly laughs. He smiles with his whole face.

The afternoon was very laid back. We loaded Cole's carseat in Daddy's truck and the three of us went shopping for a fruit tree for my garden. Exactly one year ago on Mother's Day, I felt Cole kick in my belly for the first time. I was shopping with Clint at Lowe's for trees to plant in the yard. We thought it would be fun to plant a tree each year for Mother's Day. This year we chose a Red Delicious Apple Tree. I can't wait to see that tree grow like our sweet baby boy.

A quick idea to grill out turned into the perfect way to close out a perfect day. My father and Sharrye were on there way back from Hopkinsville (seeing my grandmother, Momoo) so they stopped by to join Clint's parents, Carie, and us for dinner. Simple burgers from the grill, chips, and of course the staple of my summer diet, WATERMELON! The sweetest part of the grill out was Cole sitting in his Bumbo Seat, laughing while Sharrye (Cole's Nannie) and Debi (Tutu) played tickle games with Cole.

Of course, my camera was snapping away all day long. Sweet, sweet memories I will remember the rest of my life. The whole day I kept thinking over and over again; this day couldn't get any better. I can say without a doubt that motherhood is the GREATEST priveledge I have ever been entrusted with. I know Cole is a gift from God, and I am so proud to be his Momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment