Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Meat Salad

For some strange reason I have been craving meat salads. First it was Tuna, and now I have progressed to Chicken Salad.


I beleive it began while watching a rerun of Everybody Loves Raymond. Marie and Frank were fussing about how to make Tuna Salad. "It needs the celery for a cruch!" Frank told Marie.


Marie explained to Frank how she made Tuna Salad; Tuna, Salt, Pepper, Mayo and Celery. So I grabbed a few items a Kroger and put together my own batch of it.


Marie Barone's Tuna Salad

1 Family Size pack of Tuna (in water)

3 stalks of celery (I like a crunch too, like Frank)

1+ cups of Real Mayo (more if its dry)

Salt and Pepper to taste


I like mine of Captain's Wafers, but its also great on a sandwich!


Then, last Sunday, while at Sam's Club, I realized I had put grapes, canned chicken, and mayo in the cart. Almost everything I would need to make Chicken Salad. So I whipped up a batch of Chicken Salad for this week at work.


Easy Chicken Salad

4 cups chicken diced or shredded

2+/- cups mayo (more or less depending on how you like your salad)

1+/- cups sliced grapes

2 Tbsp lemon juice

1 small pkg sliced almonds

Salt and Pepper (to taste)


Same applies about the crackers and sandwich bread! Enjoy, I know we did!



No comments:

Post a Comment