Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall has Arrived!

Its my favorite time of year! So many reasons to be happy this one in particular. Of course, the leaves are changing, and the air is crisp and cooler, but Autumn is a time to enjoy trips to Jackson's Orchard and the Mountains for our annual trips, have friends and family over for get-togethers like our Annual Fall Harvest Festival, and most importantly the arrival of our Cole Daniel!
I usually keep myself very busy with the aforementioned activities, and I told myself I wouldn't slow down this year, just maybe approach the activities a little differently.
Mom and I went to Jackson's Orchard to start the season off on the right foot. Afterwards, we went home and made Fall Topiaries and a wreath for my front door with Pine Cones, Acorns, and fall colored foam balls. I love fall crafts!
October 8-10 was our 2 annual trip to the mountains! We rented a cabin (the same one from last year) with the Meadors, Gills, Baenzigers, and the Coomers. It was so much fun! The girls enjoyed staying up late and talking by the fire indoors while the boys enjoyed the firepit outside! We can't wait for next year's trip with our little ones!
October 16 was our 4th annual Wiles Fall Harvest Festival. As in years past, we had a potluck style meal and enjoyed the outdoors. There is something about that cool autumn air that makes chili and ham & bean soup taste even better than usual!
October 17 was the Fall Fellowship for Rich Pond Baptist Church at the Pemberton's Farm. A fall get together not to be missed. I remember the hayrides and pumpkins from when I was a little girl. Mr. Ted and Mrs. Nadene always go out of their way to make it a fantastic time for everyone. I'm so glad I got to go this year.
We still have so much to look forward to! Cole's birth and Thanksgiving, hopefully in that order! Fall 2010 is shaping up to be one of the best ever!




No comments:

Post a Comment